Sunday 12 April 2009

You make this world a better place

I have some fun and exciting news to share. I have a card posted on the Ver ver Blog today....I am one of the March Guest Divas! Isn't that fun! I was so thrilled to be asked and I have had so much fun working with all of the new images. I will also be a guest with Jodi Collins (aka. Kharmagirl) . I guess I can share the news since Jodi's sneak peek card was shown yesterday and mine today! I have been wanting to share the news, but of course had to keep quiet until today. The official release will be on March 8th...there are so many darling images!

Today's Color Challenge was to use Kiwi Kiss, Pink Passion and Chocolate Chip. I thought they sounded pretty fun, so I thought I would give it a go. This was my third and final attempt and I am not that pleased with the results. I wasn't going to *not* post it though....after all that!


I have been itching to use this darling cupcake image from Lockhart Stamp Co. I got it last month and it has sat un-inked. I thought that it would be perfect for today's challenge. What could be better than a chocolate cupcake with yummy pink flowers! I have always wanted to try my hand at candied edible flowers. I paired it with Bella Rose DSP because it had chocolate chip and kiwi kiss in it. I thought the polka dots worked well with this design. I used one of my Verve sentiments from the set "All About You".

I watercolored the images with an aquapainter and ink refills. I added a little crystal coarse glitter to mimic a candied flower. Of course I had to do some distressing and add some buttons. Thanks for fluttering by!



Stamps: Cupcake image from Lockhart Stamp Co. , All About You by Verve Stamps
Ink: Palette Noir, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss, Pink Passion, Pink Pirouette
Paper: Naturals White, Bella Rose DSP, Pink Passion
Accessories: Foam Squares, sponge, Chocolate Taffeta Ribbon, 1 3/8 inch circle punch, buttons from the Paper Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment