Sunday 12 April 2009

Thoughts of Love



You are all so sweet; can I just tell you that? Thank you so much for *all* of your sweet comments. It is nice to know that there are such nice people out there!

For today's card, I tried to keep it clean and simple. This started out being for yesterday's WT challenge; to use green. I knew I wanted to use Papertrey's Spring Moss paper and ink...I believe that this along with Aqua Mist were the first two colors that PTI came out with and of course they had to be mine! I have been hoarding the paper and ribbon ever since. I did break down and use quite a bit of Aqua Mist cardstock on my cousins bridal shower invitations. That is good for me! LOL! So...I stamped the tree image, which happens to be one of my new faves, with Spring Moss ink onto Vintage Cream cardstock. I stamped the sentiment with Palette Noir ink and then used my black SU! marker and my color spritzer tool to add some black flecks! I didn't even smudge anything this time, I just wanted to use it! LOL! Of course I had to add some buttons somewhere into the design. I ran the Spring Moss cardstock through my cuttlebug using the swiss dot embossing folder. This, too, is one of my faves! I adore it!

It just wouldn't be complete without a little Martha, so I added some Ultrasmooth Vanilla cardstock punched with the doily lace edge to soften the card. I kept the sentiment so that it could work as a get well or a sympathy. I stamped the "Thinking of You...Please know that I care" sentiment on the inside.
I have a hot date with my husband tonight, so I need to get started on tomorrow's SFYTT card! Thanks for fluttering by!
Supplies: Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers
Ink: Palette Noir, Spring Moss, SU! marker
Paper: Basic Black, Spring Moss, Vanilla, Vintage Cream
Accessories: Black gingham ribbon, linen thread, buttons, crop-a-dile, doily lace edge punch, foam squares, color spritzer, paper piercer and mat pack, cuttlebug and swiss dot embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment